Monday, January 10, 2011

Fasting - Review

Another great book to review!!
Fasting by Scot McKnight...it has been an wonderful teaching of fasting.  I learned so much about the principles, history, and true meaning of why we should fast.  Most importantly, as a Christian, I learned the importance.  I got the book just in time to prepare myself for this month of prayer and fasting in my church.  McKnight explained the purposes and truths to what so many of us "think" fasting is about.  He took me way back to the days of Moses and others of the bible and they're times of fasting.  I was encouraged and gained a better understanding that I have already had the opportunity to share with others at God's appointed time.
I recommend this book to any believer; new, old, or in the middle :) It's wisdom - wisdom we all need!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)