Friday, February 18, 2011

Felt Bows & Flowers

So I was checking out Little Miss Momma's tutorial on pom pom's and also another blog where there was a quick how-to on rosettes and thought, I can totally do that!! So I did. While I was searching through my daughter's clothes to do the freezer paper transfer I came across a shirt to work my skill on these flowers. Here is the shirt before:
The bottom shows the ruffles that I knew would be perfect for the rosette and I cut small circles out of the rest of the shirt to make the pom pom.  Again, you must forgive the quality of the pictures!! I still haven't got a new card for my camera &&& I haven't gone to get batteries, so here we are using my camera phone again!!


I wasn't too thrilled on how the pom pom came out...I think if the fabric was a bit heavier it might have stood well. 
NEXT I was on to making felt bows :) I was excited to see how this would work out. I bought one sheet of felt from HL and went at it.  I hadn't seen a tutorial on this, but I carefully inspected pictures I had seen on some etsy shops and figured it wouldn't be too hard to do. So here it is...
Really simple...sorry I was too excited to add step by step...
I had a clip laying around in the basket of bows so I thru that on back (glued)
Here is the side view so that you can see the width





And this is my beauty Sophia...
Isn't it too cute!! I love it! And super cheap! Suuuuper cheap!! 


I'm linking these to;

Photobucket


featured+button.jpg















 

5 comments:

  1. I found you on Boost your Blog Friday. Great tutorial and your bow and your little girl are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the felt bows and the t-shirt flowers!!! I think the pom looks great, although I do admit that you NEEEED to get your camera fixed ASAP:) hahaha! j/k
    thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you'll come back soon! Im a new follower!

    http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute

    I am a new follower here from Frugal Free Gal Blog Hop. =0)

    http://www.joyfulhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute projects! I loved your freezer paper t-shirts too. :) I am your newest follower from the blog hop!
    Feel free to hook up your projects at my new Weekend Review Link Party. I know others would love your work too. Take care!
    http://humblehomemaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so very much :)
    I will be sure to follow you all, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)