Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

A wonderful weekend it was! Thursday called for dinner at everyone's fave, Olive Garden, for my sister's 31st. Of course the food was great and so was the family time. 
Here's the birthday girl ecstatic over her black diamond earrings she got from her hubby

Then Friday a bunch of us from church headed northeast to Houston to catch the amazing HILLSONG UNITED! Here are a few pictures...and you'll notice from the Rock & Worship Tour pictures I posted, I just adore the sight of people in worship!!
Below, the talented Joel Houston (who looks like a mix of Jesus and Kurt Cobain)
Immediately following the concert I made a decision that I would never in my life do again!! We drove home from Houston at exactly 12:39 AM and finally made it into to town near 4 AM...crazy! I was sooo extremely tired and delusional :D. Why would I do such a crazy thing? Because I had to make it back in time to see my son's UIL competition the following morning at 8:00. 
This is Leo. This is Leo looking a bit nervous.
Here is just a few of the kids competing in Storytelling
Still nervous...
And we now we wait...
2 hours of sleep and this here was my breakfast:
Sickening, I know.
And my goodness, if anyone could have told me that number one, we weren't going to be able to see him compete I could have caught some more zzzz's and two, I missed the memo on the judging taking FOREVERRRR! We waited at a squeaky lunch table for hours and hours! < that was my justification for the Starbucks and DP ;). He and his friends occupied their time playing on his nanae's (my mother in law) iPad.
Airheads to keep them going

The results were in and this is where I had to stop being the paparazzi...he didn't place :(, but I know he tried his best!!

Sunday night we worked on Leo's science project, which was a first for both of us.  Probably a month ago or so I heard on Air1 some ideas for these projects and decided we could do it on microwaving different kinds of soap.  It turned out to be a reeeeally interesting and FUN project.  Check it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)