Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chronic Re-Joiner

Need I say anything more? Please, someone tell me I'm not the only person who is going on their fourth time rejoining Weight Watchers. Don't let me hear the crickets.
It's true. I'm officially, monthly pass in hand, a part of Weight Watchers aaaagain. And you know what, from the number on the scale it's been way overdue! I've posted down below in more than one blog my 'weight loss journey' - blah, blah, blah...well, after seeing that number reach up to the next tenths, AHHHHH! is all I could say. Swallowing the biggest gulp ever I reached down and picked up my keys and looked into the eyes of the woman across the table from me. She peered over her glasses at the tip of her nose and scribbled down one hundred-eighty lbs and six measley ounces. She glanced up at me and said, "Sweetie? This is your wieght and this is your 5% goal. You can do it." Wahhhhhh :( I couldn't believe I had rolled over to the 80's! Wow. That was the biggest reality check of my weight loss life! But there's always some good in every storm, praise God. My next door neighbor at work is on WW, too, so this week has been going grrreat! We talk often about our meals, share recipes and she's keeping me accountable. It's so encouraging and motivating. I've been able to share alot with her from the book I've told you all about, Made to Crave. I'm actually happy though that I was so devastated by my weight because I am soooo motivated and finally WANT TO lose weight.
Now, let me open another window into my life. My daughter just turned 5 this summer and she too struggles with her weight. Well, first of all it's not her fault one bit but soley myself and my husband. The child can't drive herself to McDonalds or prepare her own meal or even open a CapriSun herself. It's us. So my heart breaks at the thought of her having to go thru this stuggle. I don't ever want her to go thru the teasing or comments made by others because of her looks...I hated that as a teenager. My mom and Aunt tend to call her by a nickname, gorda. That's spanish for fat. I get after her all the time when she or my aunt says that. I mean come on, you don't say that to girls or anyone for that matter! My daughter doesn't know what it means, but still, I don't like it. We as a family have got to change things in our eating habits. This cannot continue neither for me or my daughter.
Anyway, for my saints, keep me and my daughter in prayer. I would appreciate it.
I'll keep you guys updated on how it's going.

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. hi jessica!! thank you so much for your lovely, from-the-heart comment on my blog. i completely get what you're saying! i'm super excited to see the work God is doing in my heart, and i know he'll show the way soon. i love that he sent the holy spirit to give me a little nudge in the right direction. and, it means so much that you took the time to write that honest comment.

    god bless you!!

    xoxo,
    raeann

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)