Monday, January 30, 2012

Amor of God

Oh, what a feeling! I’m definitely happy to say that I’m still going strong! This morning was day 2/1 of AOG Fitness. This past Thursday 1/12/12 I thought, ya know what…tomorrow I have nothing to do, it’s time to redeem that free month gift certificate - I’ll get the kids off to school and pump some iron. I text Vivian from AOG and sure enough they had a class for 8 am. The sun rose Friday morning and I grabbed a disgusting protein bar and a Gatorade (gotta look the part, right?) then headed out to take Sophia to school. Long story short, OMG! I felt that 8 minute work out for the next 48 hours!! I’m not sure the terminology to call what the workouts are called, but lets just say they’re short but intense in a very deceiving way. After I finished the 8 minutes, I thought, man this is gonna be good – the next morning my legs felt like I had 50lb weights strapped to each one. They were tender, sore, heavy and tight. Ugh. To make my soreness even better, we spent the day in South Padre Island walking around. Needless to say, I survived. Although, after nearly 2 weeks of healthier eating, I reached my cheat weekend. Yeah, it was supposed to be a one cheat day, but I made it a 2-day affair. I ate fried shrimp, fish, fries, onion rings, fajitas, flour tortillas, chips, soda and cake!! It was deeeeelish! I didn’t feel too bad – and I’m glad to say that my mind had been disciplined enough that I was actually ready for Monday to come. I feel bad for Monday…Monday has been promised so much, but how many of us dieters always break those promises. Week after week, we wait for Monday to show again. We never really break promises we make with Friday’s. Ha ha, just a thought. So this morning came and my alarm buzzed me at 3:55 am (I probably was the one to wake the rooster, lol). I woke up and got ready to see how hard I could push myself again at AOG. FYI: I’m loving the schedule they have cause the first class they have is at 5 am and the workouts can be anywhere from 2 minutes to 30. It gives me plenty of time to workout without having to change my work schedule. My work out this morning was 12 mins long with a 5 min warm-up…let’s remember the ‘intense in a deceiving way’. My thighs were still a bit sore from Friday’s air squats…today’s workout consisted of MORE air squats. AHHHHHH! I made it thru the workout but as I walked back to my car I could literally feel my legs trembling. By this time it was 5:25 in the morning, I hadn’t had anything to eat, only water was in my system along with the greasy crap I ate from the weekend and now my limbs felt like I had no control or strength over them. As I drove to work I kept thinking to myself, what did I do? What did I do! Am I crazy to workout at 5 in the morning! I felt myself getting hot (and not cause my body temp was up), I felt hot like nauseas and sick and nervous and weak and hungry and all types of yuck! I called my husband, not to make sure he was awake like I was supposed to, but because I wanted to pull over to the side of the road, cry and tell him to come get me L . As the phone was ringing I heard over the radio, “If you ever feel like you just can’t get up from this place you’ve found yourself in – like you have no hope, no strength – God wants to find you there, so you will be completely dependent on Him and then you’ll get up by His strength”. I immediately hung up the phone and thought, Lord, I need You. I need You give me the strength to not give up – to know that this is pain is weakness leaving my body. I. Can. Do. This. Philippians 4:13. And speaking of scripture, this morning during the workout I was doing push ups and before you think, oh, easy, it’s just push ups, NO! This push ups were like this, ready position, go down all the way – body to the ground – lift hands then back up. After 7 or 8 you begin to feel your weight. Yeah, at one and two I was flying, feeling like I was light as a feather and then I soon felt the 170lbs I’m carrying around. So, during my struggle I’m focused on the white board that ready, ‘the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak’. Boy, is that right. Ok, so back to my breakdown. I finally made it to work, weak as ever, went into the restroom and soaked in my anxieties. After 5 minutes I changed into my work clothes, got a tall glass of water and a granola bar. Thank GOD I was refueled in less than 20 minutesJ.
So, I am just ecstatic to report that rounding out week 2, things are looking up and my weight is dropping down! I’m so looking forward to working out, getting toned and slimming this waist line…might be looking like Brittney Spears soon! Ha! But hey, I’m gonna be looking like a new and healthy - sexy for my man, Jessica Gutierrez!!
I pray anyone who reads this that is pushing thru and climbing over obstacles to get to their healthy body that you rely on God’s strength to get you there. You will not get there on your own and remain there. The bible says to remain in Me and I will remain in You. It takes more than just physically ability to achieve. It takes mental, emotional and spiritual strength to get there and keep it there. Rely on the Helper each and every day before, during and after your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)