Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a hectic/eventful, but very productive weekend it has been! This past Friday my husband and I celebrated 5 years of marriage - yay! - and I'm sad to say I don't have any pictures to share :( I didn't really want to carry around my big camera around so I figured my phone would make-do, until it ran out of juice and there goes my plan out the window. We dropped the kids off at grandma's and headed out to PF Changs to devour their delicious lettuce wraps, crispy honey chicken, mongolian beef and shot glass desserts. It was even better than expected! The waitress gave us a complimentary appetizer called spicy green beans - and those were really good, too! Definitely recommend them - and take it from the pickest eater of them all - they weren't spicy. Our local PFC is somewhat attached to our mall, so we attempted to walk off our dinner while splurging a little here and there. We had such a hard time deciding on a movie to see, so we cancelled those plans and headed down to nice attraction in the city called, The Water Gardens. It's become an even better place to visit since our famous Harbor Bridge added a spectacle of lights! A friend of mine who is a photographer captured the beautiful scene in this picture...
Is that not beautiful?!?! She has amazing talent that makes this all the better! I had a lovely time being in each other's company, loving on the wonderful husband I have! It's kinda funny cause even though we had a scheduled date night as husband and wife, we never lost the title of mommy and daddy. We went to pick up our kids and surprise, surprise, our little one was a hot tamale! All weekend I've been nurse mommy to my little princess with motrin in one hand and tissues in another. Staying in all weekend did allow show off some of my projects that I did while my creative juices were flowing with a mix of cleaning/rearranging. I started out my switching out all our old pictures and replacing them with updated ones. I don't have any 'before and after' pictures, but here is what I did...
Our fireplace has a great brick ledge that I used to display pictures...
Our boys got this area...our son graduating from Pre-K, our oldest loves sharks, so I put that picture of him up and I captured a really cool looking picture of Jeremy at the park, so that went up, too. In the double frame are some pretty old pictures, but I just love what they capture - everytime I look at it it just expresses so much about them.

I picked up this 'Family Rules' poster from Hobby Lobby for 40% off and put that next to the book shelf with my recently alphabatized books and updated family pictures. 


I know you've seen Valentine mantels every on Pinterest and on the blogs, but as a starter, here is my Valentine display. I had found some free printables online for each holiday/season - bought a frame for $1 from the Dollar Store along with some flowers from there and a vase I had under the sink and taaadaaaa...a very simple but cute holiday mantle. Now I know it's usually on the mantle above the fireplace, but that's currently our large family portrait and pictures of my husband and I from our first year of "dating". Our foyer table didn't really have much gonig on, so I thought that would be a great location for our friends as they come in. I plan on adding more, but for right now, this'll do...

I got this idea from this blog I came across. Thought it would be a great to make one for each of my kids...I haven't yet bought the frames, but that's the least of the project. I love how each one is (obviously) very personal to each child. It gives them history of themself, their name, origin of their name and a short description of their personality. 
  Oh! I did manage to sneak out of the house to find a gooooood winter coat for New York (t-minus 3 days!!). I found this jacket Burlington Coat Factory for just $50, regularly $150! It's so warm and I think it'll be perfect for standing outside of The Today Show on Friday :) Mostly all the department stores are having a 40-50% discount off already clearanced winter clothes - I found a beanie and scarf at Abercrombie & Fitch for just a total of $18. Express was another place I found with great finds - I bought a pair of $108 jeans and paid $32! Whoo! That's a deal!

And this here is my sweet little princess. She spent a lot of time in her bed this weekend :( I just hate when babies-kids are sick, don't you?

So, this was my weekend wrap-up. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)