Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baby Shower - Animals

This past weekend I hosted a baby shower for probably the prettiest 9 mth pregnant woman I know. She is my beautiful cousin, Marguerite. Her and her husband will be welcoming their 4th child, Christopher, any time now. Since she has an animal theme for his room I decided to have the baby shower themed in animals as well. Check out some pictures of the items I made for the shower;

Now usually these are used for popcorn, but since we went with animals, I decided to put animal crackers in them :) I used 8.5x11 animal printed paper from Hobby Lobby and kept them together with Wasbi tape.  I dug holes into a styrafoam block wrapped in blue tissue paper to hold them together...


I found these cute zebra and monkey cupcake toppers at Hobby Lobby for .99 along with the zebra cupcake liners. Yummy yellow cupcakes with milk chocolate icing. Added with the cupcakes, I added Little Debbie Zebra Cakes and green crimped paper as grass around the platter...




Mommy-to-be has been craving chocolate, so I went all out for this and oh my did I get compliments on this cake! The cake was Duncan's Devil's Cake with Hershey's Dark Chocolate icing. In the middle of the cakes I put in homemade J-E-L-L-O banana pudding topped with Hershey's chocolate chips and surrounded by coconut. The cake was so moist and delicious!


Now my intention with the pudding was to use small clear plastic shot glasses adding layers of banana and chocolate pudding topped with crushed Oreos, but that didn't work out. I searched every aisle of WalMart looking for the big cans of pudding but nothing. I had to settle for the individual packs of pudding topped with crushed M&M Cookies.

Here are some pictures of the table and of the beautiful mother-to-be...



Thankfully my sister put in her talent as well and created some adorable gifts for her (thanks to Pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. My god! What an amazing planning is done for this extremely cheesy baby shower. Host must be given ten on ten points. Mouth watering cake and cup cakes were ordered at my sister in law's bridal shower too. Was celebrated at one of the best Los Angeles venues with DIY décor. Danced a lot and most awesome was the jazz music.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)