Thursday, January 2, 2014

Believe. Commit. Twenty-Fourteen.

Can't believe a whole year has come and gone already. Welcome 2014! It's 5:56 in the morning and I'm at my kitchen table with coffee brewing, news on and my (free) plush white robe warming my freezing body! Thanks to some Christmas gifts I got the robe from Ulta and it's funny to say I've never owned a robe :) It's nice. Reminds me that I'm 30 for some reason. Anyway, my news feeds have been filled with NY resolutions, a year in pics and motto's and I think to myself even though I love to make resolutions, I can't stay to committed to anything but God and my husband. Ugh. Don't mean to be a bitter betty, but I'm just kinda over it. Maybe I'm disappointed in myself? Keeping it real with you, whoever you are, there are several things that I've "committed to" in some way that I didn't complete. I know the reasons why I haven't and I'm working on that between me and God, so we'll talk about that later. Let me now replace those negatives with positives. If you have followed any part of my blog you would have read several posts concerning my ongoing battle/thorn-in-my-side/struggle with weight loss. I have learned to replace the "weight-loss" mentality with the goal in mind to become healthier. For so long I just wanted to lose weight. I had this complete unrealistic picture in my head of a skinny girl. Maybe it's all those stupid Photoshop pictures that made me think I could look like that! After many many years I am slowwwwwwwwly embracing me for ME. I am woman with beauty from ashes. My body is a walking trophy. It shows strechmarks on my stomach and hips from my three beautiful children. I have unnecessary fat from sitting all day at work. Santa Claus hair from either age, stress or inherited. Let's just say I ain't Cindy Crawford, but I am a beautiful me and there could never be another beautiful me, as Johnny Diaz says. In 2013 I learned alot about health and the REAL importance of it. Well, of course we all know that health is important, but I really embraced it. I educated myself on foods and what's in food and how that affects the system of our bodies. My eyes have been opened to the harm that I'm exposing to my kids and their little bodies. It's scary!! I want to be in good health and I know that with that usually results in a leaner body, which is a plus :). It would be safe to say that this topic is one of a few major things I'm focused on in 2014. Some things that I'm always wanting to improve are parenting, being a wife and of course showin' Jesus. If I could sum up 2013 in one word it would be Believe. I know it sounds like I'm really hard on myself about weight loss, but this past year I reached my first major achievement in the journey. I prayed and believed that I would be able to reach my goal and I did. I simply believed in ME (and the strength of God). The act of believing and setting your mind to do it has so much power. 2014 brings the word Commitment for me. In that there is more to just the weight loss. It's commitment to saving money, building my business, getting my real estate license, paying off our debt and most importantly staying committed to promises I make to my children, even if its promising to take them for ice cream.    

Alright...that's where I gotta stop. Work calls and waking up 3 sleepy kids from a warm bed. My bed that is. <3 font="">

Be blessed today and everyday,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had a great time reading your website. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Regards,

    Angela
    angelabrooks741 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)