Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

This new year is prompting me to do something that is typically cliche. No Frozen pun intended, but I am letting go. I am letting go of something that I struggle with personally...and that is, control. God has heard years of my questions, wondering, thoughts, complaints, frustrations and of course planning, but I hope this year I can learn to hear more of His answers, confirmations, truths, and prompts to stop  and enjoy each day He has made. I tend to make my life hard and stressful when I just don't understand why certain things unfold the way they do in my life. I'll press on and on trying to figure out why and attempt to fix it myself, telling God how it can work if He makes these things happen... 

I want to let go of all the things I knowingly and unknowingly attempt to control. I'm 31 and I still have a lot of questions that I know will be completely pointless when I come face to face with Him yet I know that He cares about my every concern. 

First day of the new year it came to mind this morning and again in a devotional. I've heard, preached and read this scripture a gazillion times, but today it sank in deep - 'I know the plans that I have for you...' Jeremiah 29:11. I need to trust God in every detail of my life. I need to remember that He is never early and never late. I am blessed to know the Word of God, blessed by people who motivate and encourage me and I am blessed to know that the dreams and plans I may think are great, God has even Greater planned for me.  

Just keepin' it real with ya. 


Happy New Year to me 👏


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)