Monday, June 13, 2016

Girly Girl

Hey!! I know the last post was a bit depressing, so I thought I'd brighten the room by talking about a hobby I have that's is totally fun, expensive and girly! Makeup! Playing around with all kinds of makeup is definitely fun bringing out the girly girl side of me, but it can get expensive. Like most girls I've been into makeup since I was a teenager, experimenting with all shades of lipstick and colors of the rainbow in shadows. This reminds me of a funny story. Every other year or so we'd travel home to Texas to visit family and for me, I'd always hang out with my friend, Amanda. I remember we'd gush over signed poster she had of Macaulay Culkin, ha ha. Crazy. One visit in particular we shaved our legs for the very first time with her older sister. On our way back home my brother swiped my leg for the first time and shouted out to the whole family in the car, "Jessie shaved her legs!!!". I almost died! I was super embarrassed and scared at what my mom would say. Fortunately I can't really remember what her reaction was, so I guess that's a good thing. Back to the makeup. Growing up my dad instilled his own sort of value in us...'paint your face!', he would say. To this day as grown married women my dad still calls my sister and I out if he sees us without no makeup, especially in public or around our husbands. I joined the Mary Kay pink family about a year and a half ago and I will say that it's helped me to realize what makeup does for a woman. Some women can wear gym shorts and shirt, but throw on makeup just to feel girly. Or basic standards of blush and gloss or blush and mascara. It's makeup! It makes you feel  and look beautiful! YouTube is filled with tons of makeup tutorials done by young girls to women to legit makeup artists and I will say that I am one of those who watches like crazy, especially in my downtime. Before these tutorials and MK I was a basic girl. Basic as in mascara and blush. Now I'm into (very minimal) contouring, lipsticks, layering shadows and brushes! Don't worry, I'm not about to tell you that I'm starting a YoutTube channel, but I do want to start tutorials on my blog cause after all, it's my space, right?!?! It's kinda like photography. There's the professionals and the 'do it for fun not caring about the ISO, aperture and all those other rules' kinda people (that's me!). I wanted to mention, I own a boutique that has an everyday flow of women coming in, trying on clothes and constantly hearing, "ugh, I look ugly...look at my legs, they're horrible...I'm so fat...my face is chubby". Hearing all this just makes me want to shake them and say YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!! I understand that makeup doesn't hide imperfections, but I believe it's so much deeper than the makeup or perfect body, but we'll get into that later. So look forward to makeup posts coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)