Monday, June 13, 2016

On a happier note...

I'm gonna wait till I can gather my thoughts for the blog I really wanted to write. So, until then I'll stick to something much easier to talk about. This past weekend our family celebrated my nephew's high school graduation with a dinner and dance. He is the first grandchild of 10 so it was definitely a big deal! Tejano dancing, the electric slide and good ol' country songs played all night, which made the event so much fun! I loved to see my stepdad dance with my mom because I know that brought her so much happiness. She has always loved dancing tejano! It was emotional night for my sister which is understandable to any parent seeing the success of their child. A possible big reason for the emotion is that my nephew has chosen to serve our country thru the Marine Corps. He's set to ship out in September which is a bittersweet reminder that time never stops. From the moment he signed it seemed like the day would never have come as quick as it has for us. As happy as I am for him taking such a courageous step in life, I'm so worried for his emotions. My father served in the Marine Corps, so I know it's not such a pretty beginning I in bootcamp. Yikes. The best thing I can do is pray, right? Anyway, the vibe of the night was just awesome. Everyone dancing, laughing and having a great time is something that is always memorable and nice to see. No drama, no fighting, just love.
Here are some pics from the weekend. We celebrated my nephew's 18th birthday with bowling and again, the graduation dance.
Bowlero in Corpus Christi, TX

My nephews ;)

Happy Birthday nephew!!

The graduate!!

Following the footsteps of his great grandfather, grandfather and uncle into the Marine Corps

Long night, but had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)