Friday, July 8, 2016

Let's go shopping! Food & Beauty Haul

I'm sure you've watched a makeup haul or something like that, but tonight we shall FOOD haul! Ha ha! What's better than makeup and food? Nothing. Well, maybe shopping...yeah, shopping.
So I got this new little thing I'll be on for the remainder of the month of July and it goes a little something like this...P R O T E I N. With the help of a co-worker, who used to body build, we together created a meal plan that consists of a whole lot of protein and not so much food. The first week was pretty tough, so I decided to tweak it a bit.
Breakfast - Smoothie with protein
Snack - 100 calorie or less
Lunch - Protein shake
Snack - 100 calorie or less
Dinner - Chicken or fish with greens or veggies
Snack - 100 calorie or less

Trying to cut out all processed food, processed sugars, intake LOTS of water and I also put together a journal of workouts broken down by what I want to focus on during each workout. I'm obsessed with fitness model, Jen Heward She is just so great! She has tons of videos that give thorough step-by-step workouts that make it so helpful in understanding what to work on and WHY! So often I would go to the gym and have no clue what to do with all the machines, but since following her I've educated myself so much more. Anyway, so in addition to the new workout plan (which should be 6 days a week) I picked up some yummy foods for the plan. 



Gala Apples, Granny Smith Apple (adding to chicken salad), Avocado (source of good fats), Lemons & Limes (detox for water and zest for fish), Cucumber (greens)

Going to try raw broccoli instead of so much frozen.


The grocery store worker totally sold me on this and I'm so glad she did. I've been wanting to try salmon, but was always so intimidated by how to cook it and it affecting the taste. She had it pan cooked and oh my goodness was it delicious!! So here it is all ready and seasoned. Can't wait to eat it with some white rice. 

Breakfast smoothies options here. Plain raw oats, bananas, muesli (haven't tried before), blueberries and of course the staple of every protein source, peanut butter. 

Good carbs here, white rice and quinoa :)

More breakfast/lunch options. I normally get Almondmilk with vanilla, but this time I tried unsweetened to knock out some of the sugars. Egg whites for weekend breakfast. Greek yogurt vanilla blend to add to the smoothies and last but not least, Special K protein bars for in between snacks. 

Dinner choices. Chicken breasts, staple. Ground turkey, staple. Frozen veggies, staple. I mentioned in a previous post about how I learned the greatest trick to adding flavor to ground turkey and it's taco seasoning! I grabbed a gluten free to help with a healthier choice. 



Now for the beauty haul. Went to Ulta the other day and grabbed a few items...
A must have for anybody who shaves are scrubs! I have found that exfoliating after shaving your legs or anything reduces and or eliminates razor burn and irritation. A plus is having super smooth skin all over. I love putting the scrub under my arms and my feet for a quick little pedi. 

Apologies for it being out of focus, but I grabbed this Urban Decay concealer in light-medium. I used it this morning and gotta say that I'd give it two thumbs up. Very smooth application and great coverage.

If you haven't tried the Biore pore strips to get rid of those pesky black heads then be sure to add this to your list. I grabbed these at our grocery store, but of course Ulta has them as well. The Aveeno lotion had a $1.50 off coupon which made this lotion hard to pass up. Plans are to use it right before bed. Mmmm. I can smell the peaceful night already. 


Last night was the one night of the week that I focus on pampering and reviving my face from all the makeup and harsh outside environment. After the shower I used this mud mask I got in an Ipsy bag a couple months ago, followed that up with pore minimizer on my t-zone, then replenishing serum with vitamin C and finally firming eye cream to tighten up that area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)