Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Freelance Makeup

Do you get the drift me of loving makeup yet? Seriously, like I love makeup and fully educated from YouTube. Ha! With my husband living in Washington, I've been allotted lots of time to myself to watch video after video after video, obsessing over the art of makeup. I've always loved all things fashion - clothes, makeup, hair - I have an appreciation for all of it! I recently invested (but bought it at a bargain) a professional synthetic brush set to learn a thing or two at getting the technique down right at shadows and such. I once heard that it's not the product, but the tool in getting the right results. When I joined the Mary Kay family a couple years ago I learned about proper skincare and yes, a bit about the colorful side of things with their makeup. Now I will be completely honest, MK does not have a huge selection of makeup, which is what kind of turned me off to that, but I do LOVE their cleansing products. Earlier this year I mentioned to my husband that I would like to expand my boutique with a beauty bar having under an hour services like; waxes, pedi, mani, massage, etc. I would hope one day to start cosmo school to get professionally educated in makeup, hair, esthetics and all that other jazz so that I can properly run my business. Well, thanks to a great friend of mine, I started my freelance makeup services this summer! She asked me to do her makeup for her sister's wedding and despite the immense amount of pressure, it actually came out pretty nice :) I went on to do makeup for a bride-to-be at her bridal shower and then did 3 in her bridal party on the big day!
I'm definitely looking forward to more opportunities and of course to keep learning. That's the key to any success. Never miss a chance to learn more.

Here is the work! Yes, I know. I amateur in me didn't take before and after pics. Boohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment...and be kind :)